October 5th, 2020
Anterior Esthetic Implants: What I have Learned Over the Years
Perfecting the anterior tooth replacement with a dental implant has always posed a great challenge. Given the introduction of many new techniques, what tricks do we have readily available in 2020? Topics such as immediate placement, immediate provisionalization, partial extraction therapy are being discussed more often. Are these cutting-edge techniques backed up by scientific rationale and principles? Are these predictable? Can we maintain the most esthetic anterior implant restoration with confidence? When do we say let’s extract, and when can we maintain?
- Understand the clinical requirements for cosmetically pleasing ideal anterior dental implant restoration
- Understand how “immediates” contribute to successful outcome: immediate placement, immediate provisionalization & immediate loading
- Discuss various flap and incision designs that achieve soft tissue outcome in the anterior region
- Discuss materials and methods available in contemporary clinical setting
- Discuss the long term maintenance protocol for dental implants in the for anterior esthetic region